Linguistics for Computer Scientists
Preparatory course for beginning M.Sc. studentsLecturers: Manfred Pinkal et al.
Place: Building C7.2, seminar room
Time: Monday, October 09 to Friday, October 13; 9-17
- Jurafsky, Daniel and Martin, James H.: Speech and Natural Language Processing. Prentice Hall. (Especially chapters 9, 14, 16, 18)
- Manning, Christopher D. and Schütze, Hinrich: Foundations of Statistical Natural Language Processing. MIT Press.
- Fromkin, Victoria and Rodman, Robert: And Introduction to Language. Harcourt Brace.
- Akamajian, Adrian et al.: An Introduction to Language and Communication. MIT Press.
- Crystal, David: The Cambridge Encyclopedia of the English Language. Cambridge University Press.