Foundations of Language Science and Technology (WS 2008/2009)
|When:||Lecture: Mon, Wed 8.30-10am, Exercise: Fri 8.30-10am|
|Where:||Building C 72, Seminarraum 1.12|
This course will include the following topics:
- Map of LS&T
- Why is language/speech difficult and interesting?
- Ambiguity, commication. inference ...
- Linguistic phenomena, levels, concepts
- Phonetics, prosody, morpholoy, syntax ... pragmatics
- Automata, morphology
- CFGs, parsing
- Corpora and data-intensive linguistics
- Human parsing: memory limitation + attachment
- Differences between human + machine processing
- Logic, ontologies, wordnet
- HMMs: grapheme-phoneme-convert
- Machine learning
- Spoken dialog systems
Stellung im Studienplan
- M.Sc. Program: Obligatory core course for everyone.
- Standard time slot 1st semester.
- M.Sc. 9 LP.
- Diplom 4 LP.